Seeking help for those who can’t help themselves
Seeking therapy for your children as well as for yourself can help ease any number of stresses for everyone involved. Major abuse issues to lesser behavioral or emotional problems can all be addressed in a calmer, safer, and productive atmosphere.
Today’s youth are in a world unlike that ever seen before. They are being influenced by a culture that promotes stepping out of childhood innocence far too young. If you are experiencing a break down in communication or relationship with your son or daughter and would like for someone to walk beside them where you have been denied access, then we can be of help. We can be there to help them understand the issues that they are facing in age appropriate ways and begin to allow them to explore the emotions that they are harboring in a healthy and enjoyable way.
The issues that children and adolescents face in today’s culture can also bring about emotional and behavioral disturbances that need to be treated quickly and with great care. Child and Adolescent Counseling can help children through these difficult life issues that they are not capable of processing through on their own. It will help them find their unique voice in a diverse and often confusing world.
Examples of topics covered in sessions
- Supporting a child through a divorce
- Death in the family or loss of someone close
- Car accidents or other traumatic experiences
- Parent or child health issues
- Low self-esteem
- Anger outbursts
- Shyness or being uncontrolled
Child and Adolescent Counseling is about
- building a solid relationship with the client
- meeting the child where they are at
- witnessing the client’s strengths and helping to instill in them a positive self-concept
- giving tools to name and recognize emotions
- providing creative tools for the client to use during the sessions